Monday, April 17, 2017

April 17th 2017

Over all the past two months have been extremely ordinary. There was an average amount of clients and it was not very hectic at all. Although This Friday at the hospital we had a very unusual patient and a very intense surgery happen. My mentor Dr. Frezzo had to remove intestinal tissue from a male cat due to prolapsed intestines. The cat needed emergency surgery, because it had been un able to defecate for almost two days and the situation had become extremely critical. It gave me a real understanding of how an emergency surgery could be. I was running all over the hospital helping with rooms and keeping track of everything and making sure the hospital stayed clean and tidy as the surgery went on. I would switch out with my co-workers so they could take breaks and would monitor the cat's vitals during the surgery. It was over all a great learning experience as I have never witnessed such a dramatic situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment